Thursday, October 13, 2011

Autumn Chili - A Salute to the Autumn New England Harvest

Looking into my refrigerator last week, I was faced with beautiful, seasonal, fresh and seemingly unrelated items from our local Heirloom Harvest farm share. I met the meal challenge with a chili that far exceeded my expectations! This dish is sweet, savory, and spicy. This convenient crock pot meal is guaranteed to warm you on a brisk autumn day while getting you out of a flavor rut. Vegan, gluten free, nut free and soy free, this was approved by my 5-year old picky eater, my easily-pleased 16-month old and my foodie and former sous chef husband. The entire crock pot of chili was gone in less than 24 hours!
The rest of this blog and recipe is up over at MassMoms. Top with Cashew Cream (recipe posted on my blog as well.) Enjoy and let me know what you think! I'm on my second batch. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment