The lettuce season has past. This week peas were in their prime and we're coming into summer squash.
But the big question for me is what to do with all the cabbage that is collecting in my refrigerator taking up valuable real estate? I now have three green cabbage and one and one half Napa cabbage in there. I'm not a cabbage person. I try to avoid coleslaw. I detest boiled cabbage. The solution is
sauerkraut. My husband made some last year and I found it, well, palatable. It still doesn't make me jump for joy or anticipate a meal. However, paired with a beautiful kielbasa it will do. My cooking adventure of the day today is to shred the cabbage and get this batch fermenting.
This week's share...
- 1/2 lb arugula
- 1/4 lb salad greens
- 1 green cabbage
- 1 lb carrots
- 2 yellow summer squash
- 1 zucchini
- 15 stems kale
- "freebie" turnips
- unlimited PYO peas
- PYO flowers and herbs
This week was also my meat share pickup and so we left the farm with 20 lbs local pastured and humanely raised chicken, beef, and pork as well as two dozen farm fresh eggs.
Oh, the cooking to come this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment