Tuesday, July 5, 2011

CSA share week 7/5 - Would you Like Some Peas With Your Peas?

It was another beautiful day to be at the farm. Sunny and high 80s. We spent about an hour in the field picking peas until my daughter had a meltdown. Granted it was quite warm, so I'll give her a pass. It was disappointing to not be able to complete the picking but we'll be munching sugar snap peas for quite some time nonetheless.

This week's harvest included the following:
  • 2 summer squash
  • 1 head cabbage
  • 1/4 lb arugula
  • 1/2 lb mizuna
  • 1/4 lb salad greens
  • 1 large bunch mustard greens
  • 1 head lettuce
  • 2 kholrabi with greens
  • 14 stems kale
  • 4 quarts sugar snap peas
  • 1 quart shelling peas
I must say I was a little relieved to not have another four heads of lettuce this week. We still have two from last week. I've started to put the lettuce in my smoothies. It is a tasty addition I must say.

No comments:

Post a Comment